OMNI™ Total Heat Exchanger Performance Platform
What Is the OMNI™ Platform?
OMNI Heat Exchanger Reliability Audit is performed by a dedicated team of experts and provides diagnostics on current versus design heat exchanger operation. Our insights uncover mechanical and operational opportunities to optimize your assets’ performance and support your business needs.
- Identifies stressed and fouling/corrosion-prone heat exchangers and other areas of concern
- Ensures monitoring of the right heat exchangers
- Pre-OMNI installation assessment and annual assessments thereafter to ensure total plant health
- Replicates system stress by mirroring flow velocity, skin temperature and metallurgy
- Liquid-to-liquid heat transfer
- Visual indication of ongoing fouling and localized corrosion
- Full lab analysis of deposition and corrosion rates
- Installed, managed and maintained by our Nalco Water Service team
In partnership with Microsoft, our NON-INVASIVE sensors are easy to install and are used to gather critical data (temperatures and cooling water flow) from heat exchangers.
- Enable calculations and data collection
- Non-intrusive, high accuracy, wireless
- Installed by a professional service team
- Managed and maintained by Nalco Water Service team
- Rated for C1D2 environments
3D TRASAR™ Next Generation
3D TRASAR technology is evolving to meet ever more challenging customer needs. The innovation of 3D TRASAR technology is already soundly embraced worldwide. Over 25,000 systems are currently in use, and over 10,000 water systems are monitored 24/7/365 by Nalco Water experts, supported by 5,000 on-site experts. The role of the 3D TRASAR Next Generation in the OMNI™ platform is critical:
- Collects critical information from the chemical program and chemistry of the cooling water
- Enables the cloud analytics powered by Microsoft
- Enables visibility in our Envision/Ecolab 3D platform
- Enables remote monitoring
System Assurance Center
Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing a team of our experts is monitoring your water system 24/7/365. Our System Assurance Center is the perfect complement to Nalco Controllers connected to the internet and is one of the key differentiated components of Nalco Water solutions. While others may offer web connectivity, only Nalco Water ensures the highest level of expertise and is always there to monitor and defend your system.
- Dedicated team of chemical engineers who monitor all OMNI™ systems 24/7/365
- Identify and analyze deviations from best practice or optimum performance
- Generate weekly and monthly reports that highlight performance deviations and suggest improvement opportunities
When present, surface condensers are one of the largest cooling water consumers in fertilizer and chemical plants. Utilizing the OMNI™ HX platform with advance chemistry, optimizes cooling water flow usage through the condenser without impacting power generation from the turbines.
- OMNI accurately identifies the cause for backpressure increases
- Determines subcooling impact
- Accurately defines what type of fouling is causing issues: scale, microbiological, debris, etc.
- Optimizes energy balance based on steam or power consumption
When heat exchangers are installed in parallel configuration with a common header, it is typical to find low water velocity conditions that promote fouling and corrosion.
Utilizing the OMNI™ platform combined with innovative chemistry and high technical service will:
- Provide information that allows the plant to understand seasonality operation
- Quantify the seasonality effects on the HX integrity
- Proactively detect and prevent the main causes for fouling
- Create the baseline information to promote mechanical and operational improvements
- Increase asset life expectancy based on improvements
- Support design modifications process
End of Header
Heat exchangers located at the end of the cooling water headers typically foul due to debris, oxides and TSS, promoting performance variations and under-deposit corrosion.
Utilizing the OMNI™ platform:
- Provides early detection of water flow variations and/or performance issues
- Optimizes frequency for backwash and/or air/N2 rumbling
- Designs satellite dosage programs if needed
- Quantifies corrosion or fouling impact under these conditions
Bundle or stack heat exchangers operate with high skin temperature compared to other heat exchangers in the network. This increases the potential for corrosion, fouling and scale. Through the OMNI™ platform combined with our innovative chemistry, Nalco Water can maintain high-level performance of this heat exchanger while increasing its life expectancy.
Vertical shell side heat exchangers are difficult to maintain and clean due to their configuration. These assets are prone to under-deposit corrosion caused by TSS accumulation between baffles. Utilizing the OMNI™ platform, Nalco Water is able to early detect performance variations and corrosion issues and suggest re-configuration and/or improvements in the heat exchanger.
Inter-coolers have significant impact on the power consumption of the compressor used in chemical plants. Typically used KPIs like approach temperature could mislead the diagnostic about what is causing the performance issues. Utilizing the OMNI™ platform combined with best-in-class chemistry and data analytics, Nalco Water is able to optimize power consumption and reduce corrosion and scale risk while increasing the heat exchanger life and performance.
Elevated heat exchangers typically operate with low water flow velocities and high skin temperatures. These conditions increase the potential for corrosion and scale, affecting assets like distillation columns. Utilizing the OMNI™ platform, Nalco Water is able to early detect variations on performance and correlate it with the cooling water chemistry to identify the main cause of the upset: from type of scale and/or corrosion to microbiological.